What’s the Best Year for a Used Ford F-150?
Who doesn’t respect the Ford F-150? This beast of a truck is built tough and will give you enough power to take our Logan roads like a boss. But which model year is the best year for a used Ford F-150? There are plenty of great model years to choose from, but we’ve narrowed it down to a list of five.
2018 Ford F-150 – The Best Year for a Used Ford F-150
- Introduced a new 10-speed automatic transmission that became the standard unit.
- Five engine options: 2.7L EcoBoost V6, 3.5L EcoBoost V6, 3.0L PowerStroke V6, and 5.0L V8
- Quicker acceleration times over previous model years
- Improved fuel efficiency.
2014 Ford F-150 – The Second-Best Year for a Used Ford F-150
- Long-awaited to the Ford SVT Lighting (produced from 1999 to 2004)
- The Tremor trim was Ford’s first sport truck release in a decade, which was only released for one year
- Available in both RWD and 4×4 configurations
- 3.5L EcoBoost V6 engine (Tremor)
- 365 horsepower (Tremor)
- 420 lb-ft of torque (Tremor)
2010 Ford F-150
- Popular model year with Hillsboro drivers
- The first model year for the SVT Raptor, the F-150’s most capable off-road trim
- The best equipped full-size pickup for off-roading ever made
- Available 411-horsepower (SVT Raptor)
- Available 6.2L V8 borrowed from the Super Duty line (SVT Raptor)
2011 Ford F-150
- The model year introduced the 5.0L V8 and 3.5L twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V6
- 365 horsepower from the EcoBoost
- Much improved fuel efficiency as well
- The most affordable option for those looking to dip their toes into twin-turbocharged power
2015 Ford F-150
- The first year of the thirteenth generation of the Ford F-Series pickups
- Revolutionary weight-saving redesign
- Nearly every single body panel switched from steel to aluminum
- Won awards for its safety and durability
- Greatly improved performance and fuel efficiency over the previous generation model
Check Out the Ford F-150 at Truck Ranch
It’s easy to get behind the wheel of your next pickup truck at Truck Ranch. You can even value your trade online. Our dealership is just a short drive away from American Fork, but you can also browse our entire inventory from the comfort of your own home! So, contact us today!
More From Truck Ranch
Who doesn’t respect the Ford F-150? This beast of a truck is built tough and will give you enough power to take our Logan roads like a boss. But which model year is the best year for a used Ford F-150? There are plenty of great model years to choose from, but we’ve narrowed it…
Not every Twin Falls driver can afford a new truck. Fortunately, Truck Ranch understands. That’s why we only offer quality pre-owned trucks for sale. Are you looking for a used truck for towing a boat or RV? We can help! In this guide, we’re summarizing the best used trucks for towing on the roads with ease. We…
Our Twin Falls customers love the F-150. That’s because they like driving atruck that works as hard as they do. How much can this pickup tow? A lot! We break out the towing capacities below by model year, from the 2019 Ford F-150 towing capacity all the way down to the 2016 Ford F-150 towing capacity. View…