How to Sell a Truck
Sick of searching for “how to sell my truck online”? Let the team at Truck Ranch help you get the deal that you deserve. Learning how to sell a truck is simple, and it can be a great way to free up extra funds – or buy your next truck! Find out how to sell a truck through a dealership and see why so many Logan drivers are getting top dollar on their trade-ins at Truck Ranch!
Sell my Truck Online vs. at the Dealership
Some Hillsboro drivers say “I want to sell my truck online on the private market”, but they aren’t aware of the time and effort required. While you can sell successfully on the private market, here are some reasons that selling your truck at the dealership is the better option.
- Time: Posting ads, arranging test drives, and dealing with endless phone calls and texts can eat up a good portion of your day – and you might not even walk away with a sale! Letting the dealership take care of everything is the fastest way to go
- Upgrades: Want to upgrade to another truck that suits your lifestyle and budget better? You can simply trade in your old car and start browsing our used inventory for your next rugged, yet reliable pickup truck. Plus, your trade-in price will offset the price of your upgrade.
- Taxes: When you trade-in your truck for a used one in American Fork, you only pay the sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of your new car.
How to Sell my Truck for Cash
Whether aiming to sell my truck for cash or upgrade to the next ride, the process is straightforward. Here are the steps you’ll take:
- Prepare Your Truck: Clean up the interior and exterior, make minor repairs if needed, and be sure to grab your title. We also recommend taking some notes on the benefits of your truck, from extra features to added accessories, to get the best deal possible.
- Get an Estimate: Use our Value Your Trade tool, along with popular sites like Kelley Blue Book and Cars.com, to get an estimate on your car’s current value in the area. This will help you during the negotiation process.
- Make Your Appointment: Schedule an appointment with our team at Truck Ranch, and we’ll make sure all the paperwork is ready for you. You’ll get an inspection from the Used Car Manager and a firm offer in hand by the end of your appointment.
- Consider Your Offer: If you’re happy with your offer, sign the paperwork and move forward with the deal. If your offer doesn’t match your research, feel free to bring up your estimates during the meeting. We’re open to negotiations!
If you’d prefer, you can even start the process online. Tell us about your truck, attach pictures, and get an instant appraisal!
Schedule Your Trade-In Inspection at Truck Ranch
Ready to take the next steps? Contact us today to see what we can do for you. We’d be happy to schedule your trade-in appointment, and we can help you find your next truck if you’re ready for an upgrade!