Is your pre-owned truck getting dirty? Whether you’ve kicked up dust on the backroads around the Logan area or it’s been subjected to one too many spring showers, it may be time for a good car wash. Hand wash car wash and touchless car wash options are available, but you may be wondering which is the better option for you. Learn about the advantages and drawbacks of both, and don’t hesitate to reach out to your American Fork-area service center for additional information.
Hand Wash Car Wash Facts
If a more thorough wash s needed, a hand wash car wash is your best option. This can be done at home or by a skilled technician at our Logan dealership. Below is a list of the pros and cons of both:
Hand Car Wash Advantages
- A More Thorough Clean – Opting for a hand wash car wash means you’re getting a deeper clean for your car, allowing you to get into the small crevices often missed by a hands-free car wash. Places like the undercarriage are more easily accessible, so you can remove eyesores like dried bugs on the windshield or headlights.
- Affordable – Washing your car at home vs. having someone else wash it saves you money.
Hand Car Wash Disadvantages
- You’ll Pay a Bit More at Specialty Facilities – Getting your car washed at a dealership or specialty facility costs more than going the DIY route. However, if you don’t have the time or space to do this yourself, it’s often worth it.
- Car Paint Could Be Damaged – While this isn’t a guaranteed disadvantage, it could happen if you hand wash your vehicle too frequently.
Touchless Car Wash Facts
Known as a hands-free car wash, this is an automatic mechanized car wash most customers loved going through as a kid. Automated car washes are typically more affordable in comparison to bringing your car in for a hand wash, but they also have advantages and disadvantages:
Hands-Free Car Wash Advantages
- Convenience – Automated car washes are made for speed and efficiency, cleaning your car cleaned in about 10 minutes or less.
- Easier on Your Paint – Touchless car washes are gentle on cars, to avoid paint scratching and damage.
- Cheaper Costs – No manual labor is involved at a touchless car wash, so the costs are relatively low.
Hands-Free Car Wash Disadvantages
- End Result Might Be Unsatisfactory – Because they’re made to be gentle on car paint, they’re not always great at removing stuck-on debris.
- Water Spots – Air dryers are often found at the end of automatic car washes to remove any stray water droplets, but they’re not always effective. The results can be water spots.
Get a Professional Car Wash Today!
After comparing hand car wash vs. touchless car wash, visit your local service center to have your vehicle cleaned by a service expert who knows your vehicle inside and out. Get more service tips like how to remove stickers from your truck with us today!