How Much Does It Cost to Lift a Truck?
What is the Price of a Lift Kit?
The cost to lift a truck starts with your preferred lift kit. Do you want big results? A lift kit that’s made for off-roading will run you around $1,000 to $5,000 for the lift kit alone. Do you want more subtle results? Then you might prefer the smaller scale of a leveling kit, which is more affordable at $100 to $500.
What is the Cost of Installation?
The cost to lift a truck doesn’t just end at the price of a lift kit. The installation process can take 7 to 15 hours of heavy-duty work. And while some Hillsboro drivers are comfortable with auto modifications, anything more intensive than a small leveling kit can require some heavy-duty lifting. If you want a quote on how much is it to lift a truck with your chosen kit, feel free to visit your local mechanic for exact quotes.
What Types of Lift Kits Can I Buy?
There are two major types of lift kits available: leveling kits and lift kits. Take a look at the key differences:
- Leveling Kits: These kits even out the difference in your truck suspension, which provides a subtle lift of 1-2 inches. This is a good choice for those who get weighed down by heavy accessories and need a small boost.
- Lift Kits: Lift kits boost your vehicle from 2 inches to over 6 inches, so they offer much more dramatic results that change your capabilities significantly. Body lift kits only alter the look of your car, providing extra room for bigger tires, while suspension lift kits change your original equipment to your specifications.
What are the Benefits of Lift Kits?
- Lift kits are perfect for off-road enthusiasts in American Fork because they provide better ground clearance and shock absorption, and you can also get bigger tires with better traction.
- A lifted truck has a bolder, more aggressive style that is hard to replicate.
- Lifted trucks have great performance, thanks to the elevated ride quality and boosted fuel economy.
- Better suspension puts your car at ease, which means less wear and tear. This can pay off in terms of maintenance costs and resale value as well!
Explore Your Options with Truck Ranch
We’ve gone over the basics about the cost to lift a truck like the Ford F-150 and how to lift a truck, and we’re happy to provide additional service tips to help ensure your vehicle continues performing at its best. Feel free to contact us if you have questions!